The Best Of Berlin
If you were wandering the streets of Berlin this past week, you may well have seen me strolling around and soaking in one of my favourite European cities – a vibrant and eclectic hub for food, art, and some of the best nights out I’ve ever had. I can clearly envision myself living here someday but, for now, holidays and days off from tour will have to do. Here’s my must-do list for Berlin newcomers – as someone who’s fallen in love with this city, I can confidently say we’re only scratching the surface.
- Boros Foundation – a contemporary art gallery housed in a former bunker.
- Photoautomat – you’ll find these memory-making booths in pretty much every corner of the city.
- Mauerpark Flea Market – in the mood for thrift shopping, antique finds, delicious street food, or all the above? Then head to Mauerpark, Berlin’s biggest flea market. I can think of worse ways to spend a Sunday.
- Lavanderia Vecchia – an Italian restaurant that is in a remodelled old laundry.
- Rent a bike – it’s such a fun way to see Berlin but be sure to wrap up on colder days.