My Time In Rio
I loved the South American leg of my tour, soaking up the incredible sights and performing to some of the best crowds. One of the standout places for me was Rio. Undeniably a party city and firmly on the foodie map, not to mention its golden beaches – and, of course, sundowners by the sea – it did not disappoint. Here are some recommendations my friend Tina, who lives in Rio, gave to me; local haunts, iconic spots and hidden gems that made my time there – and hopefully yours – unforgettable.
- Satyricon – head here for the best seafood.
- Walk around Lapa – Rio’s bohemian neighbourhood is full of surprises.
- Oro – fine-dining experimental bites with a Brazilian flair you don’t want to miss.
- Território Aprazível – this place is great for lunch, surrounded by a lush tropical garden, and by night it’s such a fun place for drinks.
- Walk or drive up to the Christ the Redeemer statue – it’s absolutely worth the trip to see one of the most iconic cultural landmarks.