My Time Down Under
Recently, on the Australia and New Zealand leg of my Future Nostalgia tour, I was lucky enough to put on my arena show in a theatre in Melbourne – at a one-off gig in St Kilda’s Palais Theatre. It was incredible, to say the least, and reaffirmed my love of Australia’s bohemian city. I always feel at home in Melbourne, which is equal parts free-spirited and stylish – and what I love is that it keeps its best spots hidden. With amazing food, a buzzing art scene and laid-back beach vibe, I invite you to get under its skin by visiting the places I’ve listed below…
- Hope St Radio – a canteen-cool dining room named after its namesake indie internet radio station; this is not to be missed.
- Gimlet – nostalgia and glamour await at this Chicago-style cocktail bar and dining room housed in a landmark 1920s building.
- Carlton Wine Room – a neighbourhood bistro and bar, it serves food that just works with wine.
- National Gallery of Victoria – I was blown away by Australia’s new home for contemporary art and design.
- Nomad – serving Spanish, Moroccan and Middle Eastern-inspired cuisine that is just delicious.