Buenos Aires, Te Amo
One of my favourite things about getting to tour and visit cities around the world is asking friends for their recommendations. Whether they’re locals or just experts in a place, I find that taking their suggestions makes travel feel so much more intimate and unique, which is how I fell in love all over again with Buenos Aires recently – it’s one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and I got to spend an action-packed couple of days there in September. Courtesy of my friend Mica, here are the spots that made my stay all the more special.
- Naranjo – a cool natural wine bar with delicious small plates that’s open till late.
- El Preferido de Palermo – a lunch spot with great food and an even better atmosphere.
- Atte – possibly one of the best pizzas I’ve had (a big claim, I know) and great natural wine.
- El Ateneo Grand Splendid – an old theatre that’s been turned into a bookstore that I just love.
- Caminito – a street museum in the La Boca neighbourhood with fun painted houses inspired by a tango song.