Anjali Mody’s Top 6 Goa Recommendations
- I prefer South Goa’s under-the-radar beaches, such as Agonda and Palolem. No luxury frills here – just you and the water.
- Sundays are spent at the beachside boutique hotel Vaayu Kula in Mandrem with my friends and family. The location, vibe and menu are unmatched – I love the basil beauty drink. We only return home after watching the sunset.
- There are many design and fashion stores unique to Goa. There’s, of course, my store JOSMO! I also love Flame, The Good Life, Ranji Goa and SavioJon for their curations. The love that the founders pour into their edits is very evident.
- Bhatti Village, Vinayak and Copperleaf are your spots for a great authentic Goan thali, which typically comes with fried fish, curries, rice, veggies, coconut salad and pickle.
- Feni is a liquor made from cashew apples that’s indigenous to Goa. Go to hole-in-the-wall neighbourhood bar Joseph’s in Panjim for the feni and the vibe.
- Elsewhere is a charming private beachside property in an estate dating back to 1886 where you can stay in creek-side tents or standalone bungalows. The exact location is revealed only when you make a booking.
Nerul; Agonda; thali, Vinayak; Prana Anjuna; Vaayu Kula ⓒ Kshitij Jadhav; Palolem Beach; Joseph Bar, Panjim; Ranji Goa; Flame; Vaayu Kula ⓒ Kshitij Jadhav; SavioJon; Agonda; SavioJon; Vaayu Kula ⓒ Kshitij Jadhav; Palolem Beach