I’m so happy to be home for a substantial amount of time this year, something that hasn’t happened for me in a long while. Now I feel like I really have the chance to rediscover my city, especially because in the past I’ve been known to be a creature of habit and stick to my favourite places. But I’ve made a personal effort to branch out lately and discover more of what London has to offer. Here are a few things you can do whether you’re a Londoner yourself or if you’re planning on visiting soon!
- Lynette Yiadom-Boakye exhibition – don’t miss this Tate Britain exhibition of one of Britain’s more prolific artists, which ends soon (on 26 February).
- 40 Maltby Street – a great natural wine and food spot near London Bridge.
- Prince Charles Cinema – this theatre in Soho plays so many brilliant arthouse and classic films every night.
- Abba Voyage – a virtual concert residency that is a mind-blowing experience like no other.
- A Streetcar Named Desire – the sell-out production of Tennessee Williams’ play transfers to the Phoenix Theatre for a six-week run from mid-March.