Since childhood, I’ve been coming to Amsterdam quite regularly – more times than I can count! – because my mother’s side of the family lives here. The city has left me with some of my best memories. So when I’m not touring or working on Service95 (how cool are the hair extensions from Tomihiro Kono in this issue?), I love exploring what Amsterdam has to offer. Read below for my recommendations.
- Rent a boat on the canal and stop off at different restaurants along the way. Keep your eye out for traditional Dutch bites such as bitterballen (meatballs) and kroketten (croquettes). The poffertjes (tiny Dutch pancakes) are also not to be missed.
- Plantage – a superb, bright and airy restaurant that’s a must for every trip.
- Restaurant de Kas – delicious food, which is mostly grown onsite, that’s picked in the morning and served in the afternoon.
- Winkel43 – you have to go for the apple pie!
- Play Padel NEXT – a sport in the racquetball family, slightly similar to tennis, and great to play if you’re visiting with a group.