Ready To Start Lending And Renting Your Wardrobe? Here’s How...
Erica Matthews is a stylist and lender on fashion rental platform By Rotation. With around 40 items listed and a five-star rating under her belt, Erica’s wardrobe consists of items such as Gucci bags, Mach & Mach shoes, Sleeper suits, and Hanifa party dresses. She says: “I believe that all women deserve the right to show up every day feeling confident and have access to the right tools to achieve this. I love that By Rotation is making this possible for women, with sustainability at its core.” Here, she shares her top five tips to start lending and renting your wardrobe on the app…
1. Browse And Bookmark – Whatever your occasion or budget, get inspired by scrolling and saving your favourite listings on the app. My rule is, if it makes your heart skip a beat, then bookmark it!
2. Create Listings Of Love – As a fashion stylist, I believe our wardrobes not only show our personal style, but tell a story of our happiest memories. If you’re not sure how to get started as a lender, choose an item that really sparks joy for you – the item that gets you lots of compliments, or that ‘It’ item your bestie always wants to borrow.
3. Paint The Picture – Images are essential when visualising yourself in rental pieces. Selecting images doesn’t have to be complicated at all! As a curvy woman, I’m always drawn to a mixture of website photos and images of the item being worn on curves. And as a lender, adding in extra details of how the item fits in the description is a bonus, too!
4. Turn Your Notifications On – The key to smooth lending and renting is clear communication. This starts with making sure your notifications have been switched on. Life happens, but do your best to respond in a timely manner. No one likes being ghosted.
5. Wrap It Well – This is where the magic happens, and it’s time for the rental to go in the post. It’s like Christmas morning, so here is where you can add a personal touch. I wrap rentals in tissue, then add a small gift in the parcel (plus any extra care instructions) to say thank you!
Discover Erica’s wardrobe on the By Rotation app here.
Pia Brynteson is Digital Editor at Service95