Brandon Wolf’s LGBTQIA+ Activists To Know
The gun-safety and LGBTQIA+ advocate shares the five activists he would like to spotlight in the latest episode of Dua Lipa: At Your Service – out tomorrow, Friday 28 October.
- Hope Giselle – she is a Black, trans woman I have had the honour of doing an incredible amount of work with. I like that she is tough on people, and not afraid to shake the table and ask the hard questions.
- Blair Imani Ali – a bisexual Muslim woman, Blair uses her social media platforms incredibly to educate people – she has a series called ‘Smarter In Seconds’.
- Will Larkins – a student organiser who goes to school in Orlando, they are one of the faces of the movement to fight back against Don’t Say Gay in the last year. A 17-year-old kid who never had grand dreams of being an activist or an advocate, they’ve stepped up and are an inspiration.
- Olivia Julianna – another young activist, she started a fund to help raise money for abortion services and raised over $2million in response to comments from congressman Matt Gaetz. She’s an incredible inspiration to so many and is not afraid to take on the big dogs in Congress.
- Adri Pérez – currently the organising director at the Texas Freedom Network, they are a trans person at the centre of the work to protect transgender children in Texas – as the governor is threatening to put parents in prison for caring for their trans young person. I am inspired every single day by their passion, strength and resolve.