A Love Letter To My Hometown
I’m so excited that Sunny Hill Festival is back for another year in Prishtina, Kosovo. When I lived in Kosovo from the ages of 11 to 15, my dream was to one day see my favourite musicians perform live in my hometown – and our festival was born from my and my father’s desire to achieve exactly that. I’m incredibly proud of the team that helps us put our festival on, especially as the weekend also aids our Sunny Hill Foundation, which supports different Kosovan organisations, especially in arts and culture.
Needless to say, I always look forward to making my way back to Prishtina for the summer, and with this year’s now-four-day festival, there’ll be so many incredible artists to see. If you’re coming to Sunny Hill, here are the can’t-miss places to eat and hang out in the city. See you there!
- Tiffany – this traditional Albanian restaurant tastes like home in every sense.
- Dit e Nat – a bookstore cafe where you can enjoy your new read with a coffee in hand.
- Soma Slow Food – if you want to eat stellar food in the middle of a park, this is the spot for you.
- Renaissance – for a tasting menu without the fuss, Renaissance will blow you away.
- Soma Book Station – a gastropub with vinyl records and books… I could spend hours here.